Mysql mud puddle

I have been juggling the techy behind the scenes hats that small business owners wear these days.  Somehow both my husband’s (ElmerRoush.com) and my blogs got tied in knots by the recent WordPress updates.  By which you understand that is me sitting at the computer in disbelief as a previously working blog disappears in a sea of error-500-server-error-cannot-find-installation-files announcement on the computer screen.

It is frankly a hard choice as to whether to get on with the summer time aspects of my life, now that school is out, or dare I say it make some ironwork, or fix the websites.  OK I did Elmer’s first because he sells his axes and hammers directly on it but I finally got round to mine today, so here we are.  The main culprit was an update that tried to replace my database of posts with another blank one that had a different prefix.  So once I found that my posts had not actually been deleted from the database, I then spent several hours trying to work out why the config file would not pick them up again.  Once again my other life of office work saved our backsides and I have been playing in the Mysql mud puddle.  Now I need to give the new dog some attention, weed the beets and rescue the peas from their crazy tangle, oh yes and get to the workshop too 🙂